It has almost been a year since I posted…mainly because in my
free down time…hmmm….what is the right word? In the moments I choose to ignore all the rest of the my responsibilities (especially laundry, dishes and cooking), I would rather be piecing one of my MANY projects or longarm quilting on my Innova than blogging. Plain, undiluted truth!
So what has happened in the past year!?
My handsome hubby still works hard for us every day. He has an Etsy shop where he sells his wood turned bowls and pens. They are awesome! He is really into tree and wood books.
Elf Princess is dating and driving and already had her first accident – in MY car, of course! She also got her first job at a fast food place and Loves (not) the hat she gets to wear. haha
Miss America is still beautiful and smart. Her art teacher entered some of her art in the school art contest and she won 2 ribbons. She was the manager for the wrestling team (smart girl – haha)
My son (been so long that I forgot his nickname-heehee) managed to survive and pass 5th grade. I hate homework more than he does! He earned his Bear badge and almost has his Weblos badge. He still loves Legos and reading.
Blondie got baptized a member of our church – Loves school – this is an accomplishment because she had kindergarten anxiety so bad we did home school with her. She still loves dancing and crafts.
Brownie started Kindergarten – so excited that the first morning I didn’t even get a kiss good bye. As soon as the car stopped she jumped out and ran to the playground. Made me sad! But was much better than 10 minutes of crying and pulling Blondie off me every morning for weeks of 1st grade.
We have a new addition to the family. We named him Doug. He is a beagle/cow mix. Not really – he is a beagle and something, but his coat looks like a black and white cow. We rescued him from the local pound and that day in January was better than Christmas at our house for the kids. He is a sweet dog that is totally fixated on food!
Another school year is almost over and the summer fun is about to start! Yay!
For me – what did I do?! Lots of great things – lots of firsts!
I will keep it to 10 top things: (not in any particular order)
1. I joined a quilting guild – love it!
2. I joined a long arm quilting guild and am learning so much!
3. I have quilted for customers – very exciting- and gotten paid!
4. I got a new Viking Sapphire 875 Quilt sewing machine
5. My sweet hubby built me a new fabulous sewing space
6. I got called to work in the Nursery at our church – I get to play with the kids 18 months to 3 years for 2 hours every Sunday with my hubby! It is so much fun!
7. I joined a Bonnie and Camille swap. They are fabric designers for Moda. Love their fabrics! Of course, the swap gave me the perfect excuse to stock up on their fabrics!
8. I joined Instagram and have participated in a few swaps and found a lot of really great quilty friends!
9. I got way more involved in the PTA at the elementary and at the Jr High than I ever intended to be! I feel less sewing time coming up!
10. I got to go the Home Machine Quilting Show and take classes from Judi Madison and Angela Walters!
Lastly and MOST important – My 23rd year of marriage was great and I am so grateful that we still want to be together! (I love you so much, honey – thanks for your love and support!)
Summer plans?! The usual – parks, swimming, gardening, biking, hiking and, of course – LOTS of sewing and hopefully more customer quilts to quilts! One very exciting addition to this summer is my sister and her family coming to spend a week with us! We can hardly wait!
Happy Sewing! Thanks for visiting! Promise to blog more often and with pictures next time! Jules